Re: Can we promote ubuntu-translation project via UWN and FullCircle?

El dl 14 de 12 de 2009 a les 22:08 +0800, en/na Aron Xu va escriure:
> Yes, but there is a question just jump out in my mind, why cannot we
> have a Ubuntu Translation Blog, just like Server Team Blog and so on.
> We can make announcements, introductions and other things there, and
> it could be really easy for those people to have an impression for us
> at least (just like I have know server team blog from planet, even I
> only read the title for most time). Also we can ask to add the blog
> rss to Planet Ubuntu, which we have talked before, and adding such
> team blog won't break any common rule or precedent.
>
> For every meeting, we can publish meeting minutes if anybody would
> like to do it, and we can report our progress on wiki as well.
>
> A team blog will help us promotion better, and we still can use other
> methods when somebody like to do it, e.g. FullCircle.
>
> Regards,
> Aron Xu

What do you guys think about Aron's suggestion?

We've talked about this in the past, and while I think it might be a
good idea, we should think well what we would want to use it for, so
that we can use it effectively and we don't e.g. run out of content.

Some things that come to my mind:

Announcements
Meeting minutes
Interviews with Ubuntu translation team leads or translators

Note, though, that even if we do not have a team blog, we can do all
this already on our personal blogs: we are all Ubuntu members and can
post to the planet, and we can also post announcements and such to the
Fridge.

Regards,
David.