Re: Handling of UTC team support requests

Hi David,

2010/2/23 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Most of the external e-mail we get on this mailing list is for requests
> (appointing a new team coordinator, appointing a new team to
> ubuntu-translators, etc.)
>
> These requests are also often posted on the answers system, and I
> personally find it difficult to track which requests are open and which
> not when I have to look at both places.
>
> I think I'd like to encourage people to use Answers for support requests
> and document it as such at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Contact/
> and any other places where it might be necessary.
>
> I think this will help handling the requests to the UTC team better.
> What do you think?

Agree, having a central place to handle support requests would be
definitely better.
Personally I'm not a big user of the Answers system (also due to lack
of time), I'm more a mailing-list-kind-of-person, but if a lot of
people is using it for support, it makes sense to go that way.

Probably, we should also have an "internal" policy: if we receive
support requests via mailing list, maybe move them to the Answers
system.

Ciao.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>