Re: Handling of UTC team support requests

El dt 23 de 02 de 2010 a les 10:26 +0100, en/na Milo Casagrande va
escriure:
> Hi David,
>
> 2010/2/23 David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Most of the external e-mail we get on this mailing list is for requests
> > (appointing a new team coordinator, appointing a new team to
> > ubuntu-translators, etc.)
> >
> > These requests are also often posted on the answers system, and I
> > personally find it difficult to track which requests are open and which
> > not when I have to look at both places.
> >
> > I think I'd like to encourage people to use Answers for support requests
> > and document it as such at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Contact/
> > and any other places where it might be necessary.
> >
> > I think this will help handling the requests to the UTC team better.
> > What do you think?
>
> Agree, having a central place to handle support requests would be
> definitely better.
> Personally I'm not a big user of the Answers system (also due to lack
> of time), I'm more a mailing-list-kind-of-person, but if a lot of
> people is using it for support, it makes sense to go that way.

Actually, if you prefer a more mailing-listy interface, you can still
reply using e-mail to Answers, in the same way you can do with Bugs. And
we get notified on the mailing list (or as members of the UTC group, I'd
have to recheck that) on new requests anyway. The only thing you can't
do with Answers and e-mail is to change their status. You have to use
the UI for that.

The advantage I can see apart from having a central place to handle
requests, is that we can easily see which requests have been answered,
need some attention, etc.

> Probably, we should also have an "internal" policy: if we receive
> support requests via mailing list, maybe move them to the Answers
> system.

That's actually a very good point. One thing we should probably take
into account for that: we should make sure we subscribe the requester to
the request we file, so that he or she is aware of the progress and