Re: Telegram group

Hi Gunnar,

> "Projects on Launchpad" is a bit ambiguous. Most templates on this list:
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/impish/+lang/de
>
> (German picked as an example) should normally *not* be translated on
> Launchpad. Templates where Launchpad is upstream should indeed be
> translated on Launchpad. But otherwise it's best to do the translation
> efforts upstream. Those translations will later make it to Launchpad
> automatically.

Yes i've noticed this a few weeks ago when finding out where upstream translations for Xubuntu were for the website and this Arabic translations google doc.
https://xubuntu.org/contribute/documentation/#translation
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fj86gTZhPotY0NWpvf1tN0hr4RauM5JtAMoaPnj_sqk/edit#

This there any wiki/guide that mentions which ones should and shouldn't be translated in Launchpad?

> What I'm trying to say here is important to understand for everyone who
> wants to contribute to "Ubuntu translation".

Yes definitely that is an important thing to get across to users.

> Actually I did, and I think you have added a couple of items since. ;)

Yes I added point 8 (reporting translation bugs) thanks to your first emailed. 😄

> I assume you have seen the docs at
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations>. While there indeed is room for
> improvement of those docs, that's *the* place to go if you want to learn
> how it works.

Yes I did skim through it when I was creating the guides google doc.

> Creating an enough complete translation documentation elsewhere would be
> unfortunate IMO. Ubuntu translation is a rather complex subject, and
> having to maintain docs at multiple places would not be desirable.

Yep I have no plans to create another translation documentation, only to create a simple guide of points to give the basics and point people to more info.

> That's bad. I also noticed that your message with a CC to
> ubuntu-translations-coordinators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx didn't make it to
> that list even if I approved it.

I wonder how you are able to reply to my first email to the launchpad ML if it didn't reaching the list. I know I purposely made sure that you were CCed in my last reply, as I noticed in the ML archive that my first email never arrived.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Yousuf