ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

What about taking a cue from existing set-top boxes (i.e. DirectTV)? Don't worry about user accounts at all (From an end-user perspective, and content-wise), and allow access to content below a certain maturity Level. Then, when the user tries to access restricted content (like an R-rated movie), or access content during restricted hours (like at 03:00 in the morning), then require a simple PIN, password, or pattern to continue? This allows full-use of the system without the requirement of having an existing Ubuntu Device, and allows for future favorites sync, remote control, and other possibilities through Ubuntu One and other devices later.

Ian Santopietro

"Eala Earendel enlga beorohtast
Ofer middangeard monnum sended"

Pa gur yv y porthaur?