ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Some basic ideas for Ubuntu TV.

I haven't said those things would be a bad idea. The only thing that I've
ever, in the course of this mailing list, objected to was shipping a full
desktop on the OS, which would add bloat to the installation. Apart from
that, I have stated *specifically* that you should *not* be limited to TV
and Video on Ubuntu TV. In the contrary, I gave several examples of cases
where non-video content was consumed, such as browsing the web. Please stop
putting words in my mouth.

I think the ability to use a full hardware keyboard to search is a great
idea. However, we shouldn't limit Ubuntu TV to require a physical keyboard,
thus it should be an extra. It would be better to focus on the *optimal*
experience, which should not require a physical keyboard or notebook
computer of any size.