Re: Check-in

Very interesting, at work we use a "GPG" which my boss has set up & calls
the "Group Policy Guidelines." However, in our case I suppose the "GNU
Privacy Guard" is much more appropriate.

Thanks Paul, I you really do learn something new every day, lol.

Jon

On Jun 22, 2010 3:27 PM, "Paul Tagliamonte" <paultag@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM, John Kennedy <jakenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 06/22/2010 12:32 PM, Jacob Peddicord wrote
>>
>> Let's definitely get the GPG signing going thi...
No no! Quite alright!

Gnu Privacy Guard[1][2] ( which is open-source PGP ( haha! ) )

They are a way of establishing absolute identity. We sign them in
person, with IDs, to verify who is who. This creates a "Ring of trust"
so that any person inside the ring can trust anyone inside the ring by
the transitive property of trust :)

By keysigning, we make the ring stronger -- It is our DUTY and RIGHT
to sign keys ( trying to sound like a military recruiter here ). It's
a cool way to meet other nerds, too.

[1]: http://www.gnupg.org/
[2]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard

Paul