Re: Items for discussion

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:39:42 -0400
Dave Kokandy <drkokandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. Ohio Linux Fest itself had a Keysigning party last year, as one of
> Friday night's BoF sessions: http://ohiolinux.org/bofs I wasn't there,
> since I didn't come until Saturday AM, so I'm not sure how successful it
> was. I might just ask the BoF session organizers whether there are plans to
> do one already so we don't step on anyone's toes or compete. Or, if there
> was such a big demand that they could support one each on Friday and
> Saturday, then that could also work. In that case, I think aiming for our
> keysigning as part of Ubucon would be better.

It looks like the big question is whether or not Aaron Toponce is attending.  If he is, he'll likely be heading up the event.  Mr. Toponce lives west of the Mississippi so I don't know if he'll be coming or not.  His Launchpad ID is atoponce so if somebody would like to reach out to him that would be fabulous.

> 2. Stickers would be cool. I know when I ordered from the Canonical store,
> the biggest expense I had was shipping, so it might really be worth making
> our own Ubuntu Ohio stickers, and the quote from Moo sounds reasonable. (Is
> 400 a good number?) Or, if we could afford one or a handful of nice swag
> giveaways, could we do a raffle? Business cards with info on the LoCo would
> be nice handouts too.

Unless we're a 501(c)(3) or other sort of valid entity a raffle is forbidden under Ohio law for us to conduct.  See http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2915.092 and note that while a license from the Ohio Attorney General is available it costs about 10 grand.  We had a long discussion about this for the arts festival "Music Along The River" that I am the board clerk/press officer to for this year event as it was.  Just as the festival couldn't qualify to do it we can't do it either.

We can do a sticker order but we've got no budget at all.  That would have to be discussed further.

> Sorry to miss the meeting.
> -Dave

It is okay.  This is why we have minutes and carry stuff over to the list.

[snip]