Re: ReLoCo Suggestion

The other thing to bear in mind is that to place a pin on the map you need to have a few prerequisites in place.  Right now those include:

1.  A Launchpad account
2.  Membership on Launchpad in Ubuntu Ohio

If you click the login button at the top of the page you can actually go in and adjust where you map pin is.  I was going to wait until later this week to kick this off but since Svetlana has already gotten us started...now is as good a time as any!

For us to bring back sub-state groups we need to figure out where populations are clustered.  It may be possible.  It might not be possible.  A map pinning exercise doesn't need exact ICBM coordinates to your home but it does need a rough idea of what community you live in.  From there we can take stock to see who is where and what can be done.

Not everybody in our community receives the mailing list either.  That is to say, a little under half the members listed in the Launchpad group will not see this.  Feel free to reach out via IRC and other methods to say hello and mention this to them.

For officially relaunching sub-state groups I want to wait until after the release of Saucy Salamander.  At the state-wide level we don't really have the option at this point of doing anything in-person as circumstances just don't permit it.  Consider the option of holding localized sub-state release parties as a bit of a dry run to see if you can find a group of people who can actually get together.  The pin map can be a resource to draw on in that regard.  If we get successful reports filtering back up to me for redistribution state-wide we may then consider re-establishing sub-state groups.  I'm generally reachable via e-mail and my SIP softphone is 1580@xxxxxxxxxxx which is also reachable as extension 1580 when calling 206-299-2120 which hits SDF's Asterisk server in Washington State.

Stephen Michael Kellat
Point of Contact/Leader, Ubuntu Ohio