ubuntu-women-leaders team mailing list archive

[rt.admin.canonical.com #89716] Upstart and Ubuntu Women wiki spamming

On Mon Mar 14 22:35:27 2016, pjdc wrote:
> I've locked down the Upstart and Ubuntu Women wikis in a similar manner
> as to help.ubuntu.com and wiki.ubuntu.com.  Next I'll dig out our cleanup
> scripts and see if they can help sort out the mess.

I've run our automated cleanup script against both wikis, and
it removed quite a few pages.  Unfortunately the script does
not handle pages that have been renamed, due to complexities
in the way Moin, the wiki software, works.  We'll look into
this further and see if we can complete the cleanup.

Note that the scripts do not in general operate on pre-existing
pages, so spam edits to those pages should be manually reverted.

Regards,
Paul

Please rate my reply: http://feedback.admin.canonical.com/pjdc/89716%23txn-1911080

Follow ups