Re: [Question #77535]: Hard Drive/Partition not detected?

AJD confirmed that the question is solved:

Thanks everyone for your help - I have installed Ubuntu successfully now (but to be honest I'm not sure why i'd switch from XP)  But I thought it was time I at LEAST had a look.

There's nothing wrong with Ubuntu I just can't see the advantage of
starting all over again, finding equivalent programs etc.

I don't know - I'll keep the dual boot for a while and see if I dig it.
I mean, running this wine thing to run windows apps?  May aswell run
them in windows!?!

Great forum this though and AMAZING support from the users here - one
clear advantage over the support available from MS products.