ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: It is time

Now you got me thinking Ali, that perhaps if you contacted them directly
it might speed things up for us a bit. I have no idea how they work,
because I joined in November last year only, but I trust Alfredo, so
when he says they are slow, then they are.

> I have 'no' problem but .. what is the chance, if any, they might
> disagree? will that change anything whatsoever?

I understand and agree, but as we thought about it, the new logo
eliminates all confusion, so we don't know what is it for them to
"approve". Maybe only if they weren't OK with us using the word "GNOME"
in our name at all, only that would change everything, but that would
give us also very little time to change the entire concept again,
because creating a logo is not an easy process as many of our community
members like to think. It involves extensive research and evaluation
before we may proceed with the conversion of gathered ideas onto canvas
and digital and then presenting it to you and Tim and then go public.

At our pace, this could take months, which would mean that we would have
to use their logo longer, which they would not be happy with.

--
Sent using Evolution from Ubuntu