ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: It is time

On 31/08/15 16:21, Patrik Bubák wrote:
> I understand and agree, but as we thought about it, the new logo eliminates all confusion, so we don't know what is it for them to "approve".
> Maybe only if they weren't OK with us using the word "GNOME" in our name at all, only that would change everything, but that would give us
> also very little time to change the entire concept again, because creating a logo is not an easy process as many of our community members like
> to think. It involves extensive research and evaluation before we may proceed with the conversion of gathered ideas onto canvas and digital
> and then presenting it to you and Tim and then go public.
I guess the problem really is that the lists where trademark stuff gets discussed are private. However we have always done the right thing, (the
use of the roundel was more just a misunderstanding) and pretty sure the GNOME board realises that. Right from day1 we had discussion with both
camps, over the name Ubuntu GNOME, so that is pretty safe unless they decided to re-neg the approval. They would have already come after us if
they were unhappy with distro name or domain name etc. They certainly went after wogue (when it was worldofgnome.org or something).