ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: It is time

On 31/08/15 16:31, Patrik Bubák wrote:
> While that may be true, problem here is that if presented wrong, it might give the user a bad impression. We want to avoid bad publicity, right?
True, I think it was OMG who made up a logo for us once (and it was horrid), when we first announced Ubuntu GNOME becoming official, because we
didn't have one at that point.

> These so called "news sites" don't have the proper resources atm. to spread the word, so they shoot out an ugly screenshot they made
> themselves and then people get the wrong first impression.
I was more coming at it from the legal side, GNOME or Canonical Boards, are not going to go after us because some news site leaked stuff that is
just a work in progress. However they will go after the news sites, if they feel the need.