Re: Installation and execution problems when using Epiphany instead of Firefox.

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 14:39 -0300, Guillermo Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi Jarlath,
>
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 21:24:55 +0100
> Jarlath Reidy <jarlathreidy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I used the ubuntuone web page and clicked the icon for downloading the
> > PPA.deb. This worked and installed.
> >
> > Then I clicked the Install button. Ubuntu Jaunty did not know which
> > application to use for this file. I installed from synaptic instead
> > and it pulled in some dependencies.
> >
> > I tried this again with Firefox and all was OK so it is an issue for
> > Epiphany users.
>
> Yes, I think only firefox is supported.

No, it will work with any browser that is properly configured as the
default. We simply run "xdg-open $url" to launch the browser when
needed. There appear to be some issues however, when this is not
configured properly. I would suspect that clicking links inside Pidgin
or Evolution to web sites, would also fail.