Re: Updates on Login (was: Re: [Fwd: Update manager])

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM, David
Siegel<david.siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think this is the ideal, but every time I start to bring up implicit
> updates, I get smacked :)

Understandable.
I should also say that browser upgrades are different from whole OS
upgrade (not to mention we have PPA's and similar stuff).

That said, the setting for automated upgrades already exists
(system->administration->software sources->updates). If you feel this
is important, consider proposing a more prominent place to let users
opt-in automated upgrades. (like, say, Ubiquity. We may place a
"Perform the upgrades for me" checkbox just under the 'autologin'
checkbox)

Stefano