Re: New notification placement

Jack Leigh wrote:
> Big fan of notify-osd overall but the new vertical placement is really
> unintuitive, due to being separated from everything it should be
> associated with and intrusive due to its position.  I too thought it was
> a bug initially.

Just so it doesn't look like everyone hates it: I like the middle-screen
position for notifications. I don't think of them as being "associated"
with the notification area, particularly; I don't have very many things
actually in the notification area, and most of those that I have I'd
like to get rid of if I could. I'm just ashamed that I clearly don't do
enough stuff, since I've never had more than about two on screen at
once, obviating all the complex work that's gone into how to queue up
many notifications :-)

sil