Re: New notification placement

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 12:28 +0100, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> Just so it doesn't look like everyone hates it: I like the middle-screen
> position for notifications. I don't think of them as being "associated"
> with the notification area, particularly; I don't have very many things
> actually in the notification area, and most of those that I have I'd
> like to get rid of if I could. I'm just ashamed that I clearly don't do
> enough stuff, since I've never had more than about two on screen at
> once, obviating all the complex work that's gone into how to queue up
> many notifications :-)

After some use, I'd have to partly agree to this. On my 24" (1920x1200)
monitor, the new notifications position makes it much easier for me to
have a look at them at a glance. They feel like they're in my field of
view, rather than in the periphery (without being a nuisance).

However, on my netbook's 1024x600 screen, they are almost always
covering content that I'd like to see. The top-right positioning worked
better here.

-- Neil