Re: Ubuntu User Experience Guidelines

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 21:21 +0300, Toni Ruottu wrote:
> I don't think most people want to get IM messages while they are
> watching a movie. After all movies are a way of escaping the real
> world and IM messages would completely ruin the escape.

Maybe I like the real world better or the movie is crappy ;)

>  You know some
> people even go to a physical theater where they cannot be reached and
> where they are "forced" to turn off their mobile phones.
>
> --Toni

In the movies , People are forced to turn off the mobile *by others* ,
to not disturb others.
At any location , its always the rule to switch off your phones either
to not disturb others or to show respect to the place you are at.

If the persons themselves didnt want the calls , no one needs to force
them. They'd turn it off themselves...  ;)

Similarly, if i dont want an IM i would turn off my IM client.

--
Cheers,
mac_v