Re: Ubuntu User Experience Guidelines

>> I don't think most people want to get IM messages while they are
>> watching a movie. After all movies are a way of escaping the real
>> world and IM messages would completely ruin the escape.

> Maybe I like the real world better or the movie is crappy ;)

Oh. I completely forgot people who watch crappy movies. ;-D

>> You know some people even go to a physical theater where they
>> cannot be reached and where they are "forced" to turn off their
>> mobile phones.

> In the movies , People are forced to turn off the mobile *by others* ,
> to not disturb others.
> At any location , its always the rule to switch off your phones either
> to not disturb others or to show respect to the place you are at.

> If the persons themselves didnt want the calls , no one needs to force
> them. They'd turn it off themselves...  ;)

I'd love to see research results on the topic. I.e. Correlation
between people having their phones turned off, and people not wanting
to receive calls.

> Similarly, if i dont want an IM i would turn off my IM client.

I think Karmic doesn't depict IM to the user as something that could
be turned on or off. The whole idea of Telepathy seems to be hiding
just that.

  --Toni