Re: Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

Hey Mark,

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 21:55 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> The Ubuntu One guys should be delivering an API which lets an app get
> credentials in LP without going via the web. Elliot Murphy would be
> able to connect us to the right person on that team.
>
> Those credentials could then be used to complete the bug submission,
> without hitting the web browser at all.

Perhaps I should compare notes with Elliot, I have a python module that
does browserless credentials for launchpad by using the cookie key
returned from a logon request and then also keys from the launchpad API,
to avoid breaking workflow for the naultius launchpad plugin.

http://doctormo.wordpress.com/2009/09/18/launchpad-naultius-sneak-preview/

End result is the ability to pair the desktop app and use the lp API for
most things and also manage ssh keys (required for bzr/lp integration)
which is currently not supported by the lp API.

Best Regards, Martin Owens