Re: Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

I'm so pleased that this topic interests others than myself.  I too agree
that integration and blending browser activities with our desktops are the
way to go moving forward.

For lack of better tools right now (I need to finish my assignment for my
class this evening!)

So, right now we have the "crash report detected" in Notifications area user
clicks,
Moves to Kernel Problem Window (In my case)
User decides to report
Moves to Apport to collect data
User Can now either have already input Launchpad credentials into
System>Preferences>Bug Reporting or is prompted now
(will need to decide how to also send this data to the Kernel team if that
option would still exist in the updated version)
May ask what user was doing, may give a place to add further comments
Submit

Now, how is the duplication of bugs handled in Launchpad?  Does a basic
browser window open up so the user can compare to other bugs?  In my
opinion, since the system is in fact creating the "subject" of the bug,
couldn't most bugs be grouped by those "subject" lines and system specs
(amd64, Intel graphics, etc.)?  That may not make this system better for the
dev side, although it certainly would be a step in the right direction...

-Anthony