Re: Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

ajmctaggart wrote:
> So, right now we have the "crash report detected" in Notifications
> area user clicks,
> Moves to Kernel Problem Window (In my case)
> User decides to report
> Moves to Apport to collect data
> User Can now either have already input Launchpad credentials into
> System>Preferences>Bug Reporting or is prompted now
> (will need to decide how to also send this data to the Kernel team if
> that option would still exist in the updated version)
> May ask what user was doing, may give a place to add further comments
> Submit

All of the workflow should happen inside one, morphing window. Instead
of popping up multiple sequential dialog boxes, just keep it in one
smooth flow.

-1 to a preference, just ask for it when people first need it, and
remember it from then. This will be the U1 account in any event, the
user may well be signed into U1 already.

> Now, how is the duplication of bugs handled in Launchpad?  Does a
> basic browser window open up so the user can compare to other bugs?
> In my opinion, since the system is in fact creating the "subject" of
> the bug, couldn't most bugs be grouped by those "subject" lines and
> system specs (amd64, Intel graphics, etc.)?  That may not make this
> system better for the dev side, although it certainly would be a step
> in the right direction...
This bit is, I think, best handled in an IDE.

Mark