Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

On Sat, 2009-11-07 at 06:24 +0100, Jan Claeys wrote:
> Op vrijdag 06-11-2009 om 16:36 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Jeremy
> Nickurak:
> > I believe strongly that the only things that should show up in the
> > menu should be the things that are *currently running*, or in the very
> > least are explicitly listed as the ones that should show up as
> > launchers in the menu, either via a whitelist/blacklist preference
> > dialog.
>
> Maybe just use checkboxes in the menu to indicate which application is
> running (and clicking them would start/stop the application)?
> Checkboxes are a concept most users understand (I think).

-1 , Checkboxes are not really ideal for indicating app working.
A checkbox ,would mean that the item can also be unchecked , which in
this case cannot be.

As *mpt* , mentions that the apps are to be considered as objects and
they can display icons in the menus.

We could use icon and toggle transparencies to show if the app is active
or not. Attaching a mockup...

--
Cheers,
mac_v