Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

Martin Albisetti wrote:
> Yes, this may be a good idea so we can guarantee a certain level of
> sanity with our default applications (or the ones we have in our repos).
The current discussions I had with MPT about a related matter panned out
roughly like this:

 - the main, default apps should be here by default (Evolution, Empathy,
Gwibber)
 - other apps should install themselves here when first used
   - if in future we can tell WHO installed an app, they could get it in
the menu when they install it
   - we don't want something minor to show up here for all users of a
system when one user installs it

MPT, w.r.t. your comments on the menu: yes, "Compose mail" is equally
relevant if the app is running or not. And I did ask that apps be able
to put menu items in when they are not running. However, "Check for new
mail..." would be appropriate if the app were not running (you *could*
argue it is useful to force a check when running too, but that's
splitting very fine hairs).

W.r.t. the statement that "there's no design for what's in 9.10", I'm
shocked, shocked! The design team leads, if there's weirdness produced,
it's on your shoulders as far as I'm concerned.

Mark