Re: GSoC '10 Idea : NotifyOSD improvements

> Dimmed is an interesting option. We have been testing the idea of
> using dimmed-to-full to indicate "you've got messages", but it looks
> like messages are important enough that we should go further and use a
> colour. Since it's positive, rather than an alarm or warning, green
> would be appropriate if we have to.

The main problem with the dimmed-to-full approach is that the majority
of icons is *not* dimmed. This means that, when new messages arrive, the
messaging icon becomes *closer* to the others in appearance than before,
which is the opposite than what is intended..