Re: Window button order

I'm sorry to interrupt such a nice discussion, but what impact this
"usability" testing would have?

No sensible user (at least not the one from general public) would ever read
the results of such a test. All that people would care about in buttons
placement is whether it is convenient or not. If this will end up easy and
convenient, they will use it. If it will not be easy and convenient, they
will use something else, maybe not even Ubuntu.

More technically inclined may investigate the issue or change their theme.
But majority will just either like it, or not

Maybe what's required here, is some sort of data collecting on what theme
people actually use. If majority will use Ambiance (or derivatives), then
here you have it - it's usable.

Alex.