Re: Tooltips

On 26/03/10 04:21, Jan Claeys wrote:
> So can I get an animation during the period that I still have a
> message waiting?

No, sorry. The connection animation is something you might pay attention
to so you can load a page or download email. It's also bounded in time -
it stops when the connection is established or fails. But the animation
you're asking for is to *catch* attention, so that you know there's a
message, which means you'd want it indefinitely.

> *Please*? ;)

Well, you could fix the system to allow .MNG's, and then overlay a
custom theme for yourself which gives you an animation there. Sure :-)

Alternatively, you could write a program which listens to the Dbus
traffic for the messaging menu, and gives you a window of whatever size
you think if appropriate to your need to be sure you know that a message
has arrived. This being FLOSS, you have lots of options!

But for the default use, no, we won't animate the "you've got a message"
icon indefinitely when you've got a message.

Mark