Re: Two suggested designs for the Sound Indicator

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/05/10 10:44, Alex Lourie wrote:
> >
> > Will only *running* applications be there? Then no muscle memory can
> > be developed, as the list will be populated and re-sorted when new
> > application runs; this will cause some applications change their
> > location in the list.
> >
> > Alex.
> >
> > I don't agree. What if I have 10 applications that support sound
> > settings? Will they all always appear in the list? That would be
> > horrible user experience.
>
> It would seem sensible to me that:
>
>  - the default media player will be there, unless you say it shouldn't
>  - other media players that you run, will put themselves there, unless
> you say they shouldn't
>  - they persist in the sound indicator, so you can continue playing
> where you left off
>
> Mark

Yes, Mark, I think you're right. I also believe that VOIP application is a
good candidate to be there too.

I would also like to see how can I customize this, so for example the media
player doesn't show if I don't want it to.

All that left is actually to see it in action :-)

Alex.