Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

Perhaps read the rest of the conversation and you will read all the
previous examples of difficulty with some functions.

On May 13, 2010, at 1:18 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 13:02 -0700, Tyler Brainerd wrote:
>> Good usability does not mean we aim for the lowest possible
>> denominator, it means we find the most usable possibility.
>
> This sentence seems to be devoid of actual sense.

I'm not sure what's difficult. Good design does not mean we make
things the most simplistic, or to cater to users with only one finger
or whatever example gets thought of; good design means creating the
best mix of feature and ease of use for the  widest range of users,
and providing the ability o alter them further for particular
difficulties in the way they used the computer. I was responding in
particular to a response that said it was difficult to double click if
you have a finger injury. The majority of users do not. So we should
not design for the small majority but the larger majority.