Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

I think having a status message with the number of selected items at the
bottom is good, because this is a result of your action. Action on top,
result on bottom. A Deselect All command right next to that message
makes sense because of the very close relation.

You can think of this unit of message and command to be a representation
of the selection.

An alternative placement that would require rather large gaps between
rows would be to place number/Deselect below the last row that contains
a selected item. But if you then think of scrolling ... we can dismiss
this idea already :}

On Fri, 2010-05-21 at 10:15 +0200, Joern Konopka wrote:

> The Windicator on the other Hand could hold a whole Array of Functions
> and might look something like this:
>

> O <--click*
> 3 Folder selected (78 Objects)
> 497 MB total
> -Archive these Files
> -Encrypt these Files
> -Synch to U1
> -Synch to Dropbox
> -Copy to Location
> -Move to Location
> -Send to..
>

> I hope i didn`t get something fundamentally wrong about the
> Windicators, if so, please enlighten me ^^.

The Windicators should be about state, not actions. They can have menus,
but the root is state.

So "sync to somewhere" can't be a windicator, but "is this synced to
somewhere / progress", containing a "Sync Now" could.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/