Re: Inconsistencies from LHS buttons

> Indicator Session:
> I brought this up in an earlier thread, but was drowned out by the
> thread about single-click folders.  If the left hand side of the
> screen is for starting/quitting and the right is for status, then
> shouldn't Indicator Session go on the left as well?

On a first impulse, I tend to agree. But thinking a little bit it
seems a little blurry: can switching users and locking the screen
be considered close-like activities? Mentally, I cannot think of
them as "destructive" as the close button is for windows.

Furthermore, Lucid now introduced session status indication, such
as the icon going red for indicating need to reboot, so it's even
more blurry now. I, myself, was particularly interested in
exploring the potention of session status indication, so I'm torn
on this one. :)

> Tabbed Applications:
> Firefox, gedit, Nautilus, etc.  All these applications have their
> close buttons on the right hand side of their respective tab.

Yeah, Gtk should allow the theme to easily change the position
of the tab buttons. How difficult would be patching that? Any
Gtk gurus here? :)

> GNOME Shell:
> This may be something more for GNOME devs, but the window controls end
> up on the right when using GNOME Shell, also closing windows from the
> Activities Overlay also is in the upper right corner.

Well, the Shell is supposed to be insanely configurable via
javascript extensions and CSS, so'd be surprised if such
positioning is hardcoded.