Re: Papercut or not? Bug #495403 in One Hundred Paper Cuts: “Do not raise windows or dialogs without user input”

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Sense Hofstede <qense@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Isn't this already solved? With autologin enabled you get a dialogue
> from gnome-keyring that after having started e.g. Empathy for the
> first time that asks for your password to unlock the keyring. I think
> that it is already not possible to steal the focus of that dialogue.

Perhaps not a direct answer to your question, but I've observed a
strange focus/keyboard input issue:
With GNOME-Do installed and the first-time Do popup just after
autologin still active (I'm still typing some text into it), when the
gnome-keyring dialog pops up, apparently keyboard input is still going
to Do, because if I begin typing my password, I don't see any
PasswordChar dots in the password entry. Since the gnome-keyring
dialog obscures the Do popup, I can't tell if keystrokes are going
there. I tried clicking the gnome-keyring dialog titlebar and window
client area to set focus to it, but discovered (by accident) that only
clicking the Cancel button actually shifts focus to the gnome-keyring
dialog. That is, it doesn't dismiss the dialog, it lets me type the
password. It does get rid of the Do popup, however.

I wonder if other GNOME-Do users who have autologin enabled also face
this issue.

Thanks,
Ed.