Re: The Me Menu and specific applications

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 10:34 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> On 09/06/10 05:20, Ted Gould wrote:
> > I haven't looked at the full schedule for Me Menu yet, but I would
> > imagine most of the Canonical developer time is going to be sucked up
> > into the switching of networks and character count features for
> > Maverick. So, unless a contribution comes from the community it'll
>
> Hold on a sec.
>
> The API absolutely needs to be general and pluggable, so services "plug
> in" to the Me Menu. In other words, Gwibber should "insert accounts"
> there, as should empathy and other online services. And that API is
> something that third party services should be able to take advantage of.

We have a way to add the menu items to the bottom for the various
account dialogs.  What we don't have is a way for the text field to go
to your "preferred social networking client."  It is certainly on the
TODO list to add that, but I don't believe it will get done for
Maverick.

		--Ted