Re: Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 00:45 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> >On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 18:41 +0200, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> >> As mentioned in my open letter: I want to help you. I am willing to spend my
> >> time and expertise on this issue to ensure that we don't end with an utterly
> >> broken CSD library in GTK 3.
> >
> >Cool, that is great!  But, I'm worried that we're approaching this from
> >different assumptions.  My reaction there is "let's figure out how to
> >make CSD work" while yours seems to be "let's figure out how to get
> >window decorations to work."  So, I guess my question is: If we assume
> >that the window manager isn't going to draw decorations, how can we make
> >that works as good as possible with KWin?
>
> Why would we ever want to do that?

Because you want applications that are using client side decorations to
work well under KWin and other window managers.

You can take the stance of "Chrome sucks" or the "Radience GTK+ theme
with CSD sucks" -- or you can look for ways to make them better.  If you
choose the "sucks" route I personally believe that your list of things
you dislike is going to get very long.

		--Ted