Re: Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

I have seen this movie before, and its original title was
"the issues with moving window buttons to the left".

Back when the left-sided buttons were introduced in the
Lucid cycle, I'd feel a lot more confortable if someone
had stepped in and said "we made usability studies and
are confident that the risk of misclicks will not
increase significatively".

Now, I'd feel a lot more confortable if someone steps
in and says "a hung window can still be easily closed
when using CSD because of technical reasons X, Y and Z".

In both cases, some evidence that the issue is receiving
*some* thought, and not simply being brushed off as
something non-important, would be welcome.

And in both cases, reasons for the change that go a
little bit beyond mere speculation would also be welcome.

Mark only revealed the Window Indicators idea after
Lucid was released, and to this day a solid plan on
which windicators will be implemented and how has
not seen the light of day. So we have all the hassles
and no advantages. Only *potential* for advantages
that has not been used.

Likewise, "suppose we want a sparkle effect" or "suppose
we want to draw a circle" or "suppose we want to do
this thing that kwin already does without CSD" does not
exactly inspire confidence enough to convince anyone
that CSD is worthy of all the problems Martin brought up.

One use case. *ONE*. A single one. Solid, reasonable
and non-speculative. It is all he is asking for. And
as a particularly vocal protester against the
window buttons change, I'm interested on it as well.