Re: Redesigning the Ubuntu mouse cursor for simple notification of app attention

On 14 June 2010 13:31, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 14/06/10 08:55, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>> Frederik Nnaji wrote on 05/05/10 16:14:

>> > that's a problem.
>> > how about removing the mouse cursor altogether while typing?
>>
>> That's one of the first bugs I ever reported on Ubuntu -- still unfixed,
>> five years later. <http://launchpad.net/bugs/16492>
>>

> Is there not an existing patch for this? If you can track it down, I'll
> review and potentially BDFL it.
>
> Mark

Patch attach to the bug report. I didn't compile it recently but it
did work a while ago... The consensus from the review-team / sponsors
team was that it needs to be done upstream and it got stuck in
discussion upstream as well.

=) BDFLing would be quite appropriate as neither parties (ubuntu &
gnome) are taking courage to just do it =)