Re: Integrating Application Search & Install

> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 21:45, Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> If aiming for simplicity, I see how restricting search to just
>> applications can help. But when the user searches to retrieve
>> applications is because s/he don't know which application is the best
>> one to use for a given task, in which case it's highly valuable to
>> show all valid applications for that task, not just those installed.

fortunately, somebody took the initiative to code this obviously necessary
new menu, nearly exactly the way we discussed it in here:

https://launchpad.net/cardapio  (thanks to Jan-Christoph for the link :D )

anybody try this out yet?
They are also about to integrate Zeitgeist, so we can soon see most of the
functionality of GNOME Shell without the need for a "gnome shell --replace"
right inside Ubuntu ;)