Re: Updating UI issues

While the software sources design is a bit of a departure from the original
email (which I think is awesome that your working on), it could be cleaned
and updated a little bit.

"Also the download location thing wouldn't be useful at all."

I believe some of the confusion from the picture is because I was taking two
different parts of the interface and merging them while also adding ideas.

I've attached a picture of the two separate parts.

"it puts people off using it out of fear that they are doing something bad
to something that's important"

All though the software center application is fairly simple, doesn't require
auth, and would benefit from having the update manager merged into it, the
software sources app will still require authentication as it does deal with
important system critical information. So in a sense I guess it should scare
them a little...altho I don't think its that scary.

As for check box's, I do agree they are much simpler however in order to
keep check box's and also add the proposed functionality there would need to
be more items on the list and multiple check box's. As such I took the
approach that less words = simpler to use. Which in some cases can be a
bad decision.