Re: Broadcasting from Me Menu: thoughts after some time using it

Hi.

 On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:08, Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We can (and should) provide a spinny in the indicator icon itself during
> the transmit phase, and use a green or red flash (like the one you get
> during ajaxy updates in Launchpad) to indicate success or failure.

I really like the idea of having some sort of notification on a successful
broadcast from the memenu. However, I think that too much color could be a
problem. Thus, I propose the following:

   - After the user stops writing the message, a spinner fades in at the
   right end of the textbox.
   - If the message is successfully sent, the spinner fades out, a check
   fades in, and after a while, the check fades out.
   - If the message fails to be sent, then a red cross fades in in place of
   the spinner, and doesn't fade out until the message is sent.
   - If it fails at first, but then works, the red x fades out, and the
   check fades in.

I think that this system would provide a minimalistic notification of the
broadcast, fitting in with the minimalistic style of the panel.