Re: Restart Required

On 2 August 2010 20:35, Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When clicking "Install Updates" in update-manager, USER should be warned
> explicitly that doing so will require a restart. USER should know this well,
> before updating.
>
> *Does* Ubuntu warn the user beforehand that the updates about to be made
> will eventually require a restart? I can't recall..

A potential problem with the wording you've used is that users may be
put off actually doing the updates.

In reality (as ScottK has already mentioned) only Firefox *needs* a
restart after an update, everything else will just continue to run the
slightly out of date version until you get around to restarting it.

--
Matt Wheeler
m@xxxxxxxxxxxx