Re: 'Control Center' should be in 'Launcher' not in 'Session Menu'

On Fr, 2011-03-11 at 09:41 -0500, Mark Curtis wrote:
> Someone else suggested putting it in the Me Menu
> This would solve both problems of not being close to Shut Down nor
> cluttering up the Launcher

It would solve these problems, but IMHO cause others that are worse.

First of all, why the Me menu? Barely anything in the control center has
anything to do with "me". I, personally, would never look there if I
searched for computer settings. Even "My Computer" made more sense for a
control center location.

That may be also because I don't use the Me menu at all, since all it
contains are chat and Twitter stuff, neither of which I use on my
private computer. And even though Ubuntu is very proud about the Me menu
and "social from the start" or whatever the tag line is, none of the
non-expert Ubuntu users I support use it either, simply because they are
not interested in the functionality. Some even removed it from the
panel.