Re: Introduction and suggestion

Actually, and I already mentioned this to Phong, but that isn't a mockup,,
rather what my panel looks like after tweaking my Ambiance theme. The Panel
does follow the user preferences.

I don't feel like the unity pane and the window titlebar are the same thing,
rather the panel provides titlebar-like functionality in the case of a
maximized window with focus. All other times, the panel serves as a place
for indicators, the menu, and the dash button. Additionally, it continues to
serve this purpose while holding the window controls for maximized windows,
which I feel keeps it further separate from the titlebar. The panel isn't a
titlebar, it's more. In this case, it's a part of unity, and should be
visually consistent with it.

In any case, it's visually inconsistent with everything when there is
transparency set, since it matches neither unity nor the titlebar.

I guess what really needs to happen is that the panel, launcher, and dash
all need to follow the user's theme preferences. Then, this (and similarly
changed Radiance) would be default.