Re: Sound theme

On 03/15/2011 01:24 PM, S. Christian Collins wrote:
Having listened to all of the sound theme submissions <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Design/SoundTheme/Submissions-11-04> (and submitted one myself), I'm not sure that any one submission is a perfect sound set, and unfortunately, some are not very professional. I think OisinLunny's startup sounds are absolutely wonderful, and really carry the affect of "light". If the job were up to me, and I had to use only sounds that were part of the current submissions, I would do the following:
Give me an hour and I can put this together.
Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?mnnlem3iio715ok

Based on the works of multiple submissions, this sound theme is truly a community effort, which is why I gave it the name "CommUnity". Of course, the capitalized "Unity" references the new Ubuntu desktop interface by the same name :)

What do you guys think? Is this not better than the current Ubuntu soundset?
-~Chris