Re: We need a short-term solution for mail applications and the messaging menu

Hello mpt :D

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 18:05, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx wrote on 17/03/11 10:16:
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 14:27, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx
> >> The subject is already receiving less attention than I wanted
> >> without being derailed, [...]
> >
> > unfortunately so.
> > perhaps we should ask someone with an @canonical.com
> > <http://canonical.com> to start an "official" thread!?
>
> That isn't necessary. :-)
>
> It is a good thing for a mail client to allow checking for messages when
> it has no windows open. But it's not a critical Natty-stopping flaw if
> it doesn't.
>
> If you want it implemented in your favorite mail client, draw up a
> sketch of a few different ways it could be toggled on/off within that
> client, choose the best one, implement it (or promote it to attract
> someone else to implement it), and send the code upstream. You have the
> power.

thanks for your encouragement! I think if that's what it is, then i'll just
post some bugs on Postler. it does all the required already, and needs some
love..

as for a short-term solution: i'll use webmail. (forgive me, conscious :P )