Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

Sorry people for accidentally sending duplicates, here is the real version:

2011/5/18 Bazon <bazonbloch@xxxxxxxx>
> i could also imagine a window grip button
> for moving the window when the whole title bar is occupied by menus for
> moving the window.

Without testing I just get the feeling that this would be ineffective since
I know that I much more often move a window than go to it's menu. A small
grip will probably be annoying to always find with your cursor. The whole
title bar provides a much easier and faster way of rearranging windows.

I made some sketching on this and came up with a mockup which you can find
here:
http://i.imgur.com/f8q2c.png

The three top images is describing the solution we've talked about and the
fourth image is an extension of the implementation we've discussed. This
implementation is possible today thanks to a plugin, but it would be sweet
to have it natively.