Re: Launcher Icon for Compiz Scale Plugin

> 2011/5/20 Mehdi Fattahi <mah.fat@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Some people are more comfortable using the mouse. They don't like
>> using keyboard shortcuts or pressing multiple keys at once. Now that
>> there's no taskbar in Unity easy switching of windows using the mouse
>> has become difficult.
>>
>> It would be great to be able to trigger the compiz scale behavior (or
>> something similar) by clicking an icon on the launcher. This will make
>> switching windows much easier for everyone.

On small screens I think having separate buttons for several different
functions on the launcher is pretty wasteful. Two more minimal ideas:

-launcher context menu
right click anywhere in the free space and on the home button/other
dedicated place in case it's full

-hot corners
this is the way it works on OS X, the option should of course be
exposed without having to install CCSM

alternatively:
keep the current button design of the workspace switcher and extend it
so you can add and remove certain special buttons such as the spread
view or "show desktop" via a yet to be written launcher option dialog.