Re: Global menu in Oneiric Ocelot (11.10)

I use gmail and have for several years, but I access it through an email
application by IMAP. The desktop application is way faster at managing mails
than any web browser out there. There are many pros for having a mail
application. You can read mail offline and backup. You don't have to load
the web site. You can still reach your email from another computer if you're
using a email service like gmail. You can get notifications integrated into
the OS. etc.

Ed Lin you cannot assume everyone is using the computer in the same way as
you do. Just because you don't use app indicators doesn't mean no else does.
It's a very popular feature of the Gnome desktop. Just look at all the new
Gnome shell extensions that are coming.