 From: isantop@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:30:53 -0600
To: sony-qs@xxxxxxx
CC: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] Oneiric Dark Toolbar

The problem here isn't the dark toolbar wasting space, it's just making the space taken more apparent. The issue is the new Gnome 3 settings application wasting space. The new toolbar is only a color; it does not take up any additional space.

I'm in support of the dark toolbars. <<<I think they draw a nice distinction between the UI/interface, and the user content. As it stands, dark toolbars help the user focus on the content in the window. A dark panel helps this, but dark toolbars draw a cleaner separation between content, and the tools that act on that content.>>>

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 05:40, Sony-qs <sony-qs@xxxxxxx> wrote:

     I'm new here, but that's a nice discussion! That's right, the dark
    Toolbar isn't space friendly. And I began to love the space I won
    with natty ;-) "nrundy" talked about a search box in the toolbar ...
    and yes they often need many space, so why don't put it in the right
    corner under the toolbar, if there's one! The box could be half
    transparent and hover onMouseOver! look@this

    Another question: I even miss fixing the Unity-Panel to accept
    keyCombinations for Alt+E (Edit) -> Alt-C (Configuration)! First
    step is working but then you can only choose with Up and Down! Work
    in progress?

    Greetings from Germany