Re: Making menus easier to find

On 29 August 2011 03:06, Stefanos A. <stapostol@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is Firefox's problem, not ours. The same information is available on
> the address bar and the tab text - i.e. Firefox *triplicates* this
> information. I don't think Unity should focus on the design issues of
> 3rd-party apps (because if it did, things like the global-menu wouldn't even
> be an option).

No, the full webpage title is only available if you mouse over the
tab. There is not enough space on the tab to show full webpage titles
on many websites.

Ubuntu absolutely should care about apps like Firefox, Epiphany,
Chromium, LibreOffice, eog, totem, and many others which use the
window title to present important information. Sorry, but you can't
just suddenly declare window titles obsolete as a lot of apps use
them.

Jeremy